There has been a large gap in functionality between BI Developer Extensions (previously known as BIDS Helper) and BimlStudio (previously known as Mist). BI Developer Extensions is free, but it’s limited and quite useless when you start writing BimlScript. BimlStudio is an amazing IDE, but it can be difficult to justify the licensing cost if you’re just getting started with Biml.
BimlOnline Beta is a web-based IDE that fills some of the gap between BI Developer Extensions and BimlStudio. You can create and manage Biml projects online in your browser and then build SSIS projects to your computer. It has a full-featured code editor with intellisense for Biml and BimlScript – bye bye red squiggly lines and nasty errors in Visual Studio! And the best part? It has an SSIS package importer so you can easily reverse-engineer your SSIS packages to Biml. Isn’t that awesome?
BimlOnline Beta features:
- Code editor with full intellisense for Biml and BimlScript
- Reverse-engineer SSIS packages to Biml with the SSIS package importer
- Build SSIS projects to your computer, support for SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016
- Work with multiple developers on the same project
- Real-time updated and fully customizable documentation
BimlOnline Beta is free for a limited time only, so make sure you sign up and try it out today.